About the Studio
Improve the quality of your life…
We are essential:
We are permitted to offer chiropractic services under the care of a licensed chiropractor within its facility.
Chiropractors are referenced on page 11 (section 16) of the Health Officer Order: http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/media/Coronavirus/docs/HOO/2020_07_18_HOO_SaferAtHome_Schools.pdf
In response to COVID19 and out of respect to each other, our valued clients and our community, Pilates Sports Center is updating its studio policies in order to be compliant with acceptable national standards of cleanliness, safety, state/county mandates and to provide a safe, clean and effective workout environment; we are updating our Studio Policies effective Aug 1st 2020.
- Cancellations must be made 24 hours prior to scheduled session/class.
- Wait listed persons must confirm their class upgrade confirmation to be able to attend.
- First session and any subsequent sessions must be secured via credit card prior to a confirmed
- Series are NOT transferable/refundable/interchangeable or able to be sold starting Sept 21st 2020
- All sessions are approx. 45 minutes long
- No cell phones, pagers, children or pets in Studio
- All staff and clients must arrive perfume and fragrance free
- Studio reserves the right to assign a substitute teacher
- Clean socks are mandatory to use equipment and may not be stored at the studio
- At least 1 Private Session (by appointment) is required prior to taking any equipment classes
- Instructor must approve clients prior to admittance into group equipment classes
- Group format not allowed for those under 18 years old, injured, or those needing specific rehabilitation, rather privates are required.
- Please do not attend class if you are ill, symptomatic or contagious for the welfare of others
- Do not attend any class if you have been exposed to an ill person or have traveled, for a 14-day waiting period
- No early admittance to studio prior to scheduled session/class time. Please wait outside to be admitted by your instructor. (you may also wait in your vehicle and text your instructor)
- All clients and trainers must wear CLEAN OR NEW / WELL FITTING mask WITH NO VALVES that must cover nose, mouth and chin at all times upon entry and exit and during session as long as mandated by gov agencies. Face shields and Gaiters are not acceptable. PSC may require you to purchase a NEW disposable mask if yours is ill fitting or has valves or otherwise appears unacceptable.
- All shoes must be removed prior to entry to the studio – an area will be provided for shoes
- Hands must be washed or sanitized before and after all sessions and before any other in-person transaction
- CLEAN / NEW GLOVES MAY BE WORN
- Clean towel may be brought to the studio for your personal use only – Studio will not be providing towel service
- Personal clean hand/foot straps may be brought to the studio for your personal use only
- Any item left at the studio may be subject to disposal – please check your surroundings before departing
- All financial and scheduling transactions should be done via text, email or online rather than in person whenever possible
- All clients must depart directly after the session/class is over to allow sufficient cleaning and client transfer time between sessions
- 6 feet distance between persons at all times even while waiting outside of Studio
- Staff will disinfect all high touch areas hourly
- Staff will wash hands or disinfect hourly
- Staff will stay home if infected or exposed to any illness
- Studio has the right to refuse service to any who is non-compliant with any of these procedures
- PSC’s mission is to provide an education in the work of Joseph Pilates with the highest quality of instruction to create the most successful and capable Pilates teacher possible.
- PSC preserves the classical repertoire and the essence of Joseph Pilates’ philosophy and has integrated modern principles of exercise science and spinal rehabilitation to make it safer and more effective. We are dedicated to providing the most current information available and to maintaining the highest quality of instruction. We are constantly refining our Programs.
- PSC intends to grow its programs worldwide without sacrificing its quality or integrity. PSC will uphold the highest standards of its instructors, business practices, materials and the work of Joe Pilates.
Unique to Pilates Sports Center, we merge both the classical and progressive styles of Pilates. We collaborate with physical therapists, medical professionals and spent have more than a decade studying this method of exercise and have integrated modern principles of exercise science to make it safer and more effective. We are dedicated to providing the most current information available and to maintaining the highest quality of instruction. PSC upholds industry standards and is involved in the process of helping to better our profession. Having a chiropractor and professional dancer at the helm, our philosophies incorporate neutral spine, that is, maintaining the natural curves of the spine in order to strengthen the back. Our clients are from all age groups, abilities, sizes and have have seen the enormous benefits of Pilates translating into all aspects of their lives. We are honored to care for our community.
Founders ~ (Bios at Bottom of Page)
Pilates Sports Center was created and founded by Andromeda Stevens and Kelli Altounian. The goals of the PSC are to offer cutting edge classes and education in an upscale environment and provide high level instruction from our Studio in LA to all Master Trainers and PSC Grads Nationwide. The internationally recognized PSC Teacher Training Program teaches both Classical and Progressive principles and fuses them together in a way that has never been seen or done before. This kind of forward thinking has created PSC joint ventures with the Sports Club/LA, Reebok Sports Club/NY, Yoga Works, Equinox Fitness Clubs and other high integrity companies in the fitness world. PSC is the original creator of the “Common Problems Workshop” taught at fitness conventions and studios around the country. Yes Pilates.com, Pain Solutions Magazine, Daily Find, Encino Sun and Pilates-Pro.com have featured the work of PSC in articles available online. PSC has also created the very popular “Jump Board Workout: Series I, II, and III” DVDs as well as the “Pilates for Men: 10-20-30 Challenge” DVD series, as seen on YouTube. Newest titles are: the Cardio Springboard / Tower Workout, Advanced Pilates Cadillac Techniques, The Foam Roller Fitness Workout, Spilt Pedal Wunda Chair Workout, The Burn at the Barre Workouts series and the Pilates PMS Relief Workout.
PSC takes great pride in their innovative design of the “Comfort Carriage” which has been a breakthrough modification for the Reformer for the larger/taller population. PSC continues to create various workshops, DVD’s, and is dedicated to bringing education, integrity and innovation to the forefront of the Pilates field.
Kelli is the co-founder of Pilates Sports Center and co-director of the PSC Pilates Training Program in Los Angeles, California. Kelli holds a BA (dance emphasis) from the University of Central Oklahoma and performed professionally for over 15 years. Kelli became a Pilates advocate in 1994 while performing as a Radio City Rockette. After sustaining… Keep Reading »
Dr. Andromeda Stevens, D.C. became a doctor because she was inspired by her own scoliosis condition. Her practice specializes in the proper rehabilitation of the lower back and scoliosis. She was introduced to Pilates and became a NCPT (Gold) Certified Instructor to offer Pilates to her patients as a way of treating pain and… Keep Reading »
Art is the Director of Business Development for Pilates Sports Center. He had previously spent fifteen years in the entertainment industry as a producer, director, writer, and has been involved in seemingly every other aspect of film and television production during that time span. In 2009 he completed the “Pilates for Men 10-20-30 Challenge”… Keep Reading »